Are you social media savvy and have a passion for marketing? If you are a self-starter looking to get some added experience with a unique group of professionals, this volunteer position might be for you!
Deadline for application : Extended to September 5th, 2016 at midnight.
Position Summary: The Social Media and Marketing Coordinator is a volunteer position and will be responsible for managing the Association of Volunteer Management Professionals Nova Scotia (VMPNS) social media accounts. This includes posting information directly related to the association as well as other relevant content. The Social Media and Marketing Coordinator will work with the Board of Directors to build and implement a marketing strategy for the association. Must have reliable access to a computer and/or smartphone with internet.
- Build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online through YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (other platforms may be added).
- Work closely with the VMPNS Communications Committee to develop and post content to social networking sites.
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, applications and recommend actions/next steps.
- Regularly report insights gained from social monitoring to the Communications Committee.
- Respond to social media inquiries in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Assist in developing an overall marketing strategy for the VMPNS that extends beyond social media and will be implemented province wide over the coming year.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Organized and effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience with branding, marketing and social media marketing.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics, and tracking (in particular, Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube).
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Effective time management skills.
- Graphic design experience is an asset.
Time Commitment: 2-5 hours per week.
Length of Position: Minimum of 6 months.
Preference will be given to individuals with a Communications, Marketing or Public Relations background. Please send CV/Resume and a sample of your work to email@example.com
Click here to download the position description. [Microsoft Word Document]