HALIFAX VOLUNTEER CONFERENCE
Friday, November 25 & Saturday, November 26, 2016
Ramada Plaza Park Place , Dartmouth
240 Brownlow Ave , Dartmouth, NS B3B 1X6 CA
The volunteer conference is a celebration of the tremendous contributions of the volunteers in the region. Now in its 16th year, the Volunteer Conference gives residents an opportunity to participate in training, networking and learning that help them become more effective in their work and provide strong volunteer capacity in the region.
The 2016 conference includes:
* A wide selection of interactive sessions
* Dynamic and experienced speakers
* Lunch and refreshments
* Networking opportunities
* Participant welcome packages
* Community showcase
Registration will open in September
We are currently planning this year’s conference. Please continue to visit us for more updates, details and to register. We have some exciting new workshops planned and lots of great presenters!
1. Location change from previous years.
2. POSSIBLE BRIDGE CLOSURE. Due to The Big Lift, there could be potential closures of the Macdonald Bridge taking place the weekend of the conference. To ensure you have the most up-to-date information, please check their website for the weekly schedule of closures (as well as Macdonald Bridge shuttle info if you are walking/biking), or download a free Big Lift app at http://www.hdbc.ca/ . You can also follow them on Twitter @HHBridges or @BigLiftHFX. For Halifax Transit service, they have their schedule (and any alternate routing for when the Macdonald is closed) at http://www.halifax.ca/transit/bridgeredecking.php.
Any questions about the conference, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Darren at 902.490.4865